We were given the opportunity to review Time 4 Learning online curriculum for the last month with 4 of our children, we did not use the curriculum as a core, but as a suppliment to the lessons we were learning together as a family.
What is Time 4 Learning?
Time 4 Learning is an online interactive curriculum that covers Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, and Math, as well as fun games on the Playground. The lessons are animated and have interactive activities to reinforce concepts. They also include printable worksheets that help further reinforce the concepts.
Dustin, Cody, Anthony, and Ethan were all able to try the curriculum, Ethan really enjoyed the lessons he learned some new things from the program and would frequently ask to get on. Cody, Dustin, and Anthony had enjoyed the curriculum, but said that some of the lessons were slow, and they would get bored with them quick.
Benefits to Time 4 Learning
- Online curriculum for a wide age range, pre-K - 8th Grade.
- Tailors to each child's needs, adjusting up or down up to 3 grade levels.
- Contains curriculum for Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, and Math.
- Interactive and fun activities to keep kids engaged.
- Detailed reporting for easy record keeping.
- Easy login for kids!
- Parent can decide how long the child should work before going to the playground.
- The visual lessons are a great alternative to those who struggle with workbook pages.
- Includes parent support forums where parents can go to for advice from other homeschool moms.
Downsides of Time 4 Learning
- The price- for a family of our size the cost would be $957 for 1 year of the program. Definitely not something that is in our homeschool budget.
- Cannot assign specific lessons on the units we were studying in. Kids can also repeat lessons without knowing it.
- Does not contain High School lessons.
- Non Christian curriculum that teaches about evolution and not creation.
- Computer based curriculum is not a good fit for our children.
- To difficult for me to keep track of what everyone was learning with 4 children learning different things.
- I would be great for a supplemental curriculum, but I would not feel comfortable using as a stand alone curriculum, especially for the older kids!
Time 4 Learning memberships can be purchased for $19.95 per month for the first child, and a discounted rate of 14.95 for each additional child added. There are no long term commitments and you can cancel at any time! They also will give you a 2 week money back guarantee on your membership fees.
Disclaimer: We were given a free month trial of Time 4 Learning in return for our honest opinions. My opinions are are my own and not influenced by the free product.