One of the things that I think of when I think of fall is apples, there are so many things you can make with them and the cinnamon apple scents of fall. Michigan is known for the many apples it grows, but with the fact that our weather this past year has been very different from our normal weather, many of the local farmers crops this year were a complete loss. I even had one person tell me that for a bushel of apples that would any other year cost $40 this year will cost over $400!! So with that being said, apples will be a luxury this year in our house and many of our yearly apple cooking will not be going on.. We will still be doing some fun apple activities.
I wanted to share some of the fun things we have done over the years so I am sharing 20 apple ideas that are from previous years or posts from last year, I am also featuring 10 apple ideas from my apple Pinterest Board from other bloggers.
7. Have you younger child work on fine motor with Apple Lacing
10. Spend a weekend afternoon picking apples from the apple orchard, and of course eat some to :)
11. Read Stories
14. Learn about the "star" in the center of apples,
and then use the apples to make...
15. Apple prints, and use corn cob holders to hold onto the apples (thank you Pinterest for the great tip)
16. Enjoy some apple cider.
17. Make a book about apple facts
20. Enjoy donuts made from apples.
21. Use tongs or a spoon and place the correct number of cotton balls onto the apple pies and other fun ideas shared at From The Hive.
24. Make a felt alphabet tree from
25. What a fun way to practice letter recognition, head over to No Time For Flashcards
to find out how to make your own!
26. This would be a cute and easy craft for a little one to make, using handprints and finger prints, from Mama's Like Me.
27. Here is a list of 9 great apple themed books to read with your kids while working on your apple unit, from The Usual Mayhem.
30. Work on apple seed math using your leftover apple seeds, head over and get the printable from Made For 1st Grade.
Stop over to my apple Pinterest board
for tons more apple themed ideas.
I am linking up with these great blogs
, stop over and find some great ideas to try with your kids!
Labels: Apples, Fall