I saw this cute recipe on Pinterest, and thought it would be a very simple recipe for the kids to help make for Easter! These Easter Egg rice krispie treats are so simple and are so festive, well and of course delicious!
Easter Egg Rice Krispie Treats:
- Rice Krispie Cereal
- Marshmallows 1 bag
- Big Plastic Easter Eggs
- Wax Paper
- Easter Themed Sprinkles (optional)
Make your rice krispie treats according to the directions. We make ours in the microwave,
- 1 bag of small marshmallows and 3 TBS butter in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir, put in microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Stir again until all marshmallows are melted and mixed together.
- mix in rice Krispie cereal and mix well into the marshmallow mix.
- let cool for about 15 minutes to make it easier for the rice krispie treats to form into the egg.
- When cool take some of the rice krispies and push them into each half of your easter egg.
- Carefully take them out without breaking the shape and carefully mold the 2 Easter egg halves together to form an Easter Egg. **Spraying non-stick cooking spray helps the rice krispies from sticking to your hands.**
- Set on wax paper to cool.
- While the eggs are still warm sprinkle your Easter themed sprinkles on top.
These are the sprinkles we used, anyone who knows me knows I love sprinkles so of course we had many different Easter sprinkles!
Here are 1 of our Easter Eggs with the rice krispies pressed into it.
Pressing the 2 halves together to form the eggs.
Here are our eggs cooling on the wax paper.
The Easter Eggs with the sprinkles on top. We left some of our eggs plain because some of our kids don't care for sprinkles.
The sprinkles make them so pretty and festive looking!!
Are you looking for Ideas to put inside your Easter Baskets this year? I have put together a list of ideas for kids Easter Baskets! Stop over and see whats on the list!!
Have you seen our 5 days of decorating Easter Eggs? We shared a lot of fun and creative ideas we use for decorating our Easter Eggs, stop over and check it out!
Our Holiday/ Seasonal page has lots of fun Easter Ideas for kids, stop over and check out all the fun we have had through the years!
Still looking for more Easter Ideas? My Easter Pinterest Board has lots of great Easter Ideas, head over and check it out!!
I am linking up with these great linky parties. For more great ideas head over and check some out!
Labels: Cooking With Kids, Easter, Easter Ideas For Kids, Easter Recipes For Kids, Food For Kids, Kids Food